Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

Period last 2 1/2 weeks.. It's been very light but won't stop.

Customer Question

Period last 2 1/2 weeks.. It's been very light but won't stop. Not on any birth control, was about 6months ago, but stop after breaking up with ex. Ex and I had sex March 23, and then around April 12th.. I did miss my period during the month of March.. Been under a lot of stress due to work and school.. Should I be worried?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidwith lots of stress from work and school, you can miss a periodwhen you miss your period, your next period tends to be heavier and longer.if you don't want to get pregnant, you should use birth control next time you have sex to prevent need to see a gyn doctor for a gyn exam if you are sexually active.but I would not be stressed if you missed a period one month and get a heavy period the next month.have you had a gyn exam before?