Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified MD
28323552

I am 6 wks 4 days my hcg levels have been doubling as it would

Customer Question

I am 6 wks 4 days my hcg levels have been doubling as it would with a normal pregnancy. Hcg levels started at 87 one day prior to period. On 4/25 hcg was 3800 had ultrasound on 4/27 and no gestational sac seen, had hcg repeated levels 7800. Repeat hcg 2 days later on 4/29 hcg dropped to 6800. Am I having a miscarriage?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that you should have a repeat ultrasound done.Abdominal ultrasounds, at times, cannot see a gestational sac very well and a trasvaginal ultrasound may be required which is what I would recommend if no sac is seen.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I had both abdominal and transnational ultrasound done but no sac seen, 2 right ovary cyst, and fluid in the cervix which I may not what that indicates. I'm am just worried since no sac was seen and 2 days later instead of hcg doubling again it dropped by 1000. I have been having slight cramping as well.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately slight cramping and HCG dropping are not good signs and if you have also had a vaginal ultrasound that did not show the sac, again not a good sign.You could be having a miscarriage.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards