Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

IM 78 AN JSU STARTED AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP AFTER 7 YEARS.

Customer Question

iM 78 AN JSU STARTED AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP AFTER 7 YEARS. I NOTICED I NOW HAVE A RED SORE INSIDE MYY VAGINAL AREA AT THE FARTHEST SPOT YOU CAN SEE JUST LOOKING WITH A MIRROR WHAT WOULD CAUSE THAT. iT ISN'T CAUSING ME TO ***** I HAVE HAD A TOTAL HYSTEROCTOMY YEARS AGO
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pat, Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now sores inside the vagina can be due to several causes but considering that you recently started an intimate relationship it is possible that you may have acquired an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease). It is very likely that you may have developed herpes which can cause the formation of blisters and even sores in the vaginal area. It would be wise to get tested for herpes as well as getting a complete STD panel. But considering the location of the sore it is possible that you may have developed a bacterial infection. The red appearance of the sore could be indicative of this fact. Usually many infections can be accompanied by urinary symptoms like burning urination, dark color of the urine, blood in the urine or even foul odor emanating from the urine. A simple urine RE may be helpful here as well. I would suggest that you get a clinical examination done and also a complete STD panel. This would help in ruling out sexually transmitted diseases. Secondly an OB/GYN exam can also rule out other causes of the sore. But it is likely due to an infection such as herpes, chancroid (a bacterial infection) or even warts. I would STRONGLY suggest that you have this evaluated as soon as possible. Do you have any more questions?If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.
Do you have any more questions?If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.