Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am 48, obese, with a history of PCOS and a diagnosis of adenomyosis.

Customer Question

I am 48, obese, with a history of PCOS and a diagnosis of adenomyosis. Since having my daughter nearly 7 years ago, my cycle has been like clockwork without the Pill, for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, the adenomyosis is getting worse and having a major impact on our lives. With my enlarged uterus and increased risk of endometrial cancer, my only hysterectomy option appears to be one that requires lengthy and hefty recovery. I am a SAHM of our gifted/autistic daughter and that recovery is why I keep putting it off. I am wondering if it would be possible to remove my ovaries and enter menopause a bit early?? The surgery is less invasive and the recover more manageable. I found that such is sometimes done for endometriosis, but could find nothing for adenomyosis and don't want to talk to my doctor in complete ignorance.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.A few questions first to clarify your concern:1. What is SAHM?2. Are you having painful periods? Pain in between period?3. How much do you weigh? height?