Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I had a bacteria infection 3 month ago that my primary

Customer Question

Hello! I had a bacteria infection 3 month ago that my primary doctor gave me antibiotics. I skip 2 days of the antibiotics i was sick throwing up. kept having itchiness swelling. discomfort while having intercourse. when back to the doctor like 2 times after that she have test me for herpes already 3 times and nothing. I have a once year old and ever since i have birth i been having so many issues. i never been like this prior to that. Dont know what could be.
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I am on birthcontrol Nuva ring. had some bumps that why my doctor was suspicious of herpes.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.
Hello Welcome to JA. You had a bacterial infection. Do you mean bacterial vaginosis, an infection of the vagina, or some other infection? Do you have a vaginal discharge? Is it smelly? Any yellow or greenish discharge? What antibiotics did you take? The Nuva ring is not the problem, and if you have blood tests for herpes (ELISA IgG and Ig M) and they were negative, you do not have herpes. You could have a vaginal yeast infection (candida) or bacterial infection (?) and might want to complete the antibiotic course if not done completely. Doxycycline, or azithromycin are effective. Please get back to me with questions and I will reply, or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr Frank