Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I took a Plan- on January 12. All of March and April I have

Customer Question

I took a Plan-B on January 12. All of March and April I have noticed much more hair shedding/loss than normal for me. From what I can tell, hair loss (telogen effluvium?) is a side effect of Plan-B, but isn't common.
Also, for two weeks in March I was severely stressed out, and my period was three days late, but otherwise normal. I am taking biotin and Femdiol which I get from The Medicine Man for hormone regulation. I've taken Femdiol before and it never caused any hair loss, and I started taking it again after the hair loss began.
Is this hair loss normal, and will it stop within a month or two?
And will it grow back?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Yes I think that you have telogen effluvium.This usually does settle in a few months' time and your the lost hair usually does grow back.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards