Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am not on the pill and I am on the first day of my period

Customer Question

Hi, I am not on the pill and I am on the first day of my period but I want to skip it for a few days. I bought a box of jazmin to do thia as it's the only one I've used before. How many do I take?
Thank you!!
M
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I shouls say, my period has barely spotted sonce yesterday. I was thinking take 2 pills today 1 tomorrow morning, 1 lunch 1 dinner for 2 days and then just one a day until I want it to come?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.There are two ways to take yasmin:The first day of your menstrual period (Day 1 Start)the first Sunday after the onset of her menstrual period (Sunday Start).Take one pill everyday at the same time of the day for maximum effectiveness.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok but will my period stop now that I took it? I took 2 pills btw.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should I maybe buy another type perhaps a stronger one?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
No your period will not stop.I would recommend continuing on Yasmin and not buying another type or a stronger one.Please follow the dosing regimen that I have stated above. Should not cause any worries as far as I am concerned.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think we are missing the point here. My aim is to delay my period! If jazmin won't work what can I buy to stop it this one time?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Oh okay. I got your point now.You need to then take primolut N one tablet two to three times a day.This is the preferred medication and should be started a day or two before your expected date of your periods.Alternatively taking the Yasmin two to three pills a day can have the same effect but the preferred treatment is primolut N (norethisterone/norethindrone).This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards