Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

How effective is an abortion in week 6 or 7 with Cytotec

Customer Question

How effective is an abortion in week 6 or 7 with Cytotec only? Will my doctor notice the abortion? Is it different from a normal miscarriage?How should I take it?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Misoprostol alone is around 80-90% effective.The doctor usually would not notice the abortion.It is usually not different from a normal miscarriage.I am sharing a link which gives detailed guidelines on how to go about taking misoprostol:http://gynuity.org/resources/read/misoprostol-selfguide-engpdf/I would recommend that you should not attempt an abortion on your own without a doctor's consultation. However the final decision depends on you.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards