Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

In 1983 I had silicone breast implants because (two doctors

Customer Question

In 1983 I had silicone breast implants because (two doctors opinions) I had precancerous fibrosistic tumors. Today, which is 33 years later both of the inner cores of the implants have ruptured. I am concerned about the need to have these implants removed asap. I understand there are complications from even a leak into your body. Don't know which Dr. I need to go see. What should I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.You should see a cosmetic surgeon or a plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast implants or any surgeon who does breast implants should be fine.You need to have these implants removed, in that there is no doubt.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards