Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.

Can I take several trinessa BP pills instead of plan for

Customer Question

Can I take several trinessa BP pills instead of plan b for emergency contraception plan b makes me break out horribly for months and my wedding is in 2 months
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: About an hour ago My fiancé thinks he didn't pull out in time and suggested I consider taking a plan b pill but I took it 2 years ago and my face broke out badly I'm suppose to start trinessa birth control with my next menstrual cycle can I take several of those instead to prevent pregnancy
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.TriNessa has not been studied for use as an Emergency Contraception Pill.So, taking several of those will only make you more prone to the side effects of these oral contraception pills.If there is a doubt that he might not have pulled out in time, then taking the Plan B pill is the best choice. Even with plan B pills, the chances of becoming pregnant are reduced by 75 percent and not a hundred percent. You are going to start on TriNessa next month, and that is also FDA approved treatment for Acne along with being a contraceptive, so the break out, if any at all, can be managed by the TriNessa.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.