Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.

I'm a 53 year old women I lost a little over a 100 pounds but

Customer Question

I'm a 53 year old women I lost a little over a 100 pounds but I've noticed that in the past month I have a lot of pain when standing or walking in my viginal area . Could it be coming from the weight loss.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!What is your height? What was your former weight and current weight?Off hand I would not expect that the weight loss would cause you to have vaginal pain, No..I take it that you have been TRYING to lose this weight?It has not been due to illness/nausea has it? I think at first blush here that you should have doctor examine you to help determine the cause and source of this new pain...I hope that this is helpful for you!Let me know if you have further questions/ concerns/ discussion.I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best regards,Anthony Bray MD
Also helpful to know your age >> any medical problems?Do you have back pain?Do you have pain with intercourse?Are you menopausal or have regular periods now?Have you had any change recently with menstrual cycle?Any vaginal discharge?Answers to these questions would also be helpful >>Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD