Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.

I had a period 9 days after my last period this period lasted

Customer Question

I had a period 9 days after my last period this period lasted 7 days. 11 days later I started my period again it has been 11 days and I am still bleeding. I usually bleed for 5 days with my period coming every 4/5 weeks I have had blood tests that show I have pcos but ultrasound and internal scan a month a go showed no cysts.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have never had a period for 11 day before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Bleeding like this especially if heavy is an alarm.This is called Menorrhagia and you should have this checked at an Urgent Care or the ER, for now they will evaluate and start you on antifibrinolytics like tranexamic acid to stop the bleeding. They will also send labs to see how much of a drop in Hemoglobin has occurred and act accordingly. Efficient treatment at this point in time will save you from a lot of hassle like anemia, iron deficiency etc in the longer run.So, please go to an Urgent Care and also have them book you for an early appointment with your Ob/Gyn.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.