Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.

Looking up Norethindrone - trying to delay period as vacation

Customer Question

Looking up Norethindrone - trying to delay period as vacation coming up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm a healthy 40 yr old women, 2 kids. Never on birth control, no health risks except 2 C sections. Periods are very regular with bleeding for 4 days.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Yes your gynecologist can help you with a prescription to help youplan to alter and delay a menstrual cycle so as to not coincide with your planned vacation..The product that you mentioned Norethindrone is a progesterone type hormone and given at right time would effect to delay menstrual cycle and you may start at the end of the Rx..Some products for birth control are given longer term such as Seasonale is an estrogen/progesterone which may be given with active medication for 3 months then with a menstrual cycle at the end of that cycle...So there are options available for you.We do not prescribe here on this site as it is required for such to have a patient/doctor relationship/ chart/documentaion/exclusion of contra-indications to treatment..etc..etc..I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD