Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My healthy 22-year-old daughter is pregnant with her first

Customer Question

My healthy 22-year-old daughter is pregnant with her first baby at 18 weeks (+3 days). A week ago, at around 17 weeks, she felt the baby for an afternoon (for the first time). The baby seemed very active. Ever since, she has not felt her move any more. Should we be worried and see her doctor? Many thanks!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 7 months ago.
HelloI think it is her first issue.(primi gravida)Usually primi gravida can feel the fetal movement around 18 to 20 weeks.If she can not feel a single movement for about 72 hours one ultra sound should be done to see the condition of the fetus.Advice her to lay down in left lateral position for 1 to 2 hours to feel the movement.Ithink she will have it.Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks! Iḿ just curious as to why she felt movement a week ago and now none. What could be the reason please?
ThaknsAt this early stage it is sometimes difficult to feel the fetal movement by the mother though the fetus is absolutely ok.So dont worry.