Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Doctor, The concern is that last 6-8 months My cycle has

Customer Question

Hi Doctor, The concern is that last 6-8 months My cycle has reduced from 28 days to 21/22/23 day cycle,
my chumps in Feb started on 9th and my last sexual activity, was on March 1st. And March 2nd was date for periods.
I got my chumps again on, March 31st afternoon, healthy and normal..with 29 days in between.after a long time.
Again, with in 17 days of gap, I got my chumps now I.e on April 17th, and am worried, I never got such a short period.
I have relieved myself from stress(leading a stress free life) , I basically included black coffee in my diet, started regular exercising in a day(but no timing followed).
Have not even reduced any weight for any of the changes to occur.
One major thing is that I'm not able to sleep properly, but I don't know, is this a hormonal imbalance or anything..
What can b the cause, what should I do? And I was not even on birth control pills, as we used protection, everything was normal, why did I get my chumps in 18 days time, from a healthy 28-31 day cycle to 18 days. Is it normal, what can be the causes. Pls elaborate. Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Do you have any known medical illness?Any tests done so far?What is your weight now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Doctor, I'm completely fine No medical illness, Weight is fluctuating around 71 to 73. I went for trekking the previous day and ran a lot. Do you think that could be one of the reasons?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply. The symptoms you have described of irregularity in cycles since last 6-8 months where your cycle has reduced from 28 days to 21-23 days & this time on April 17th,you got the chumps after a gap of only 17 days. Its most common causes are:stress,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS)/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes. Trekking or running a lot does not influence the menstrual cycle directly.As you had mid cycle bleeding/early periods for the first time(after 17 days of previous cycle),I advise you to wait & watch your symptoms.If this happens again,then you need to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination & above described tests to find out the root cause & then take the treatment accordingly(if required). Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello doctor,
It's my second day and there is hardly any flow going on.
During the sudden 30 day time, I had fever also..
And is this healthy? Am really worried as I didn't come across anything like this..but early periods means..shall I wait till the next time..and consult the doctor, or shall I do it immediately, my skin is dried up, a lot of bloating is there in the body and sleepless nights.
Apart from that..no other consequences, but I hardly eat food, exercising good in a day..and my weight is actually increasing! From yday to today, it's 74. What are all this! And hardly any flow on my second day
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 months ago.
If I understand correctly, you got a period February 9, March 2, March 31, April 17. Is that correct?What do you do for birth control?Do you plan to have children in the future? Thank you.