Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Regarding ovarian cyst now having discharge headaches

Customer Question

***** ***** regarding ovarian cyst now having discharge headaches and when I lay on y stomach it feels bloated..had ablation 2013
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Primary on left side
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 6 months ago.
How old are you?What is the discharge like?Have you had an ovarian cyst recently seen on ultrasound? If so, how large was it?Any further information would be helpful. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
32 discharge clear and spots of brown there was a ultrasound with a cyst nurse says may be functional
How long have you felt bloated?What was the recommendation regarding the cyst?How long have you had headaches? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not at this time. I had am ablation in 2013. I have had no period since then. I have had spotting on 2 occasions. I seen my obgyn he said my uterine lining could be rejuvinating. I feel bloated aND like something is moving inside me. I tried to ignore it bit it's going on a week. I have nausea and vomiting. They want me to follow up in 2 days.
It's hard to say much without doing an exam and perhaps an ultrasound.Functional ovarian cysts are common. They don't usually cause much symptoms, although they can cause some pain or discomfort if they leak.The bloating may be due to hormonal changes, since your ovaries are most likely working.Some spotting or bleeding occasionally is not unusual after an ablation. The uterine lining usually can't be completely destroyed.I don't know what to think about the feeling of something moving inside. If the ultrasound was recently, that would rule out any possibility of the movement being from a baby.So I think most likely your symptoms will resolve on their own over time.