Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I am not sure if I left a tampon in and it got lost or I mindlessly

Customer Question

I am not sure if I left a tampon in and it got lost or I mindlessly pulled it out. I was a little agressive in trying to find it behind my cervix. This was Friday night. Today I am in uncomfortable pain and lightly bleeding an orange color. Do you think a tampon is lost and or I did damage to my cervix?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.
Hello,the symptoms you describe can typically be caused by a lost tampon, which is sometimes impossible for the patient to find. So please visit the OB/GYN tomorrow for examination. Don´t worry, for him it´s a routine problem and so you are on the safe side.Kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I go to hospital tonight to be safe? I am trying to get pregnant and don't want to risk damaging anything
Don´t worry, serious consequences are not to be feared in this case. So it will be sufficient to do the checkup tomorrow.
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele