Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm looking concerning clitoral damage. Almost 4

Customer Question

I'm looking for advice concerning clitoral damage. Almost 4 months ago I masturbated vigorously and excessively using my hand only and brought myself to orgasm roughly 30 times. I experienced suspected nerve damage directly following this (fasciculations all over my body that lasted two weeks, paresthesias down both legs that remain today, although now only in both feet). I have completely abstained from masturbation and intercourse since the incident occurred. My clitoris still feels a little raw/sensitive and I fear I may have sustained permanent damage. If scar tissue was formed, is it possible that this will have a permanent affect on sensitivity and my ability to orgasm intensely? Can the nerves repair themselves completely? I'm incredibly distressed and still very concerned about the fact that I'm experiencing constant paresthesias so many weeks later.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 months ago.
I don't think I can speak to the fasciculations over your body or the paresthesias down your legs, but I think the damage done to your clitoral area has an excellent chance to heal completely as long as you give it the time to do so.Peripheral nerve damage in general heals well, as long as there is not continued damage that interferes with the healing. It may take some time, even up to a year or more for healing to take place.I think that as long as you can maintain good health (good nutrition, enough sleep, regular exercise, etc), and don't further injure the area, you can probably expect gradual continued healing. Hopefully over time, you will have a full recovery. Then I would be careful to avoid a similar injury, as the clitoral area may always be a little more susceptible to further injury. Best wishes.