Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I came off the pill on 27th of feb and had withdrawal

Customer Question

Hi, I came off the pill on 27th of feb and had withdrawal bleed straight away but have not had a period since. I have been feeling odd so did a pregnancy test which says I am 1-2 weeks pregnant. Do I count the withdrawal as a period to calculate due date?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 months ago.
It's difficult to calculate a due date at this point, since it's somewhat unpredictable as to when you may have ovulated coming off the pill.The best way to know your due date will be to have an ultrasound sometime after 6 weeks. From the measurements of your baby they'll be able to give you an accurate due date.I don't think pregnancy tests are that accurate when they say you're 1-2 weeks (from conception), but if we assume you're 2 weeks now, your due date would be about December 23.Congratulations!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Should I just make an appointment with my gp as soon as possible then?
Is there a possibility that my test result is mistaken due to not having had a real period since coming off the pill?
Sometime in the next month would be fine. It would be good to have an ultrasound sometime from 6-10 weeks (2-6 weeks from today).Your pregnancy test results should not be affected by not having a real period since coming off the pill?Please click the rating stars. Thank you.