Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I think I have a blocked gland where my scrotum and perineum

Customer Question

I think I have a blocked gland where my scrotum and perineum join. It's quite painful sometimes when I walk and it is inflamed. I've had it for over a week now and its not getting better. Previously when I've had this (Can recall 2 or 3 other times) it usually goes away after a week. I've taken a pic as I've seen someone else has on a thread a read. Is this something you can check for me to tell me what you suspect it is , and what treatment I should supply. It would be embarrassing having to book a docs appointment over this . thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This first pic shows it locations (towards the bottom 1/3 of the pic in the middle) The second pic is a when the skin is pulled back
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
files attached
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 11 months ago.
Are you having with any itching?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No itching
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do you think it is?
Thanks for your response.From the jpg picture it appears to sort of superficial skin infection due to staphylococcus.A course of broad antibiotic is necessary .Thank you