LaKrystal Warren
LaKrystal Warren,
Experience:  Physician at Contemporary Women's Care
93539917

My name is ***** ***** and I was looking

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I was looking for misdiagnosis for CAH with salt wasting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My newborn son was diagnosed with CAH at birth make a long story short Me and my husband did gene test as well for that gene. Today we got the results and they told us that my husband does not have that gene!!!! So in that case my son should not have CAH
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am an OB/GYN and can help you with this. CAH is recessive, so that means that both parents have to have at least one copy of the gene in order to pass it to the child. Are you a carrier for CAH? Is the diagnosis of CAH certain? If your husband is the father of your son, then both of you would have to be a carrier in order for him to have CAH. If he has CAH for sure, and your husband is not a carrier and/or you are not a carrier, in rare cases it is possible for your son to have a spontaneous mutation in the gene that causes CAH.