Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

I have trouble with my stomach and was diagnosed with IBS around

Customer Question

I have trouble with my stomach and was diagnosed with IBS around 10 years ago. I swtiched from Microgynon pill to Rigevidon after my daughter was born 5 years ago. I am still having stomach issues and was diagnosed with Anxiety, and feel quite highly strung and easily stressed. This has been since my daughter was born. I am wondering if the pill could be causing this?
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Gynecologist before I connect you two?
Customer: Only other thing is that I only stop for a 7 day break every 3 months as I was diagnosed with low iron. Thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 6 months ago.
It's highly unlikely that the pill is causing either stomach issues, anxiety, or the feeling of being highly stressed.The only way to know for sure would be to stop the pill for a few weeks to a month and see whether you feel any better. However, I don't think it's likely.It's more likely that the large changes in your life since your daughter was born and perhaps more stress are the likely culprits. I would discuss it with your doctor. Best wishes.