Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a lot of symptoms an abnormal blood work my doctors

Customer Question

I have a lot of symptoms an abnormal blood work my doctors want me to do a colonoscopy I want to know what can u find on a colonoscopy other than colon cancer
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? What are your symptoms? Can you attach the blood work result here? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medication including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
5'2 200lbs weight fluctuates severly lose 10 lbs in a week an gain 20 the next week but not change in diet or excercise. No medication, gallbladder surgery, no family history. Symptoms are trouble breathing, chest pain, muscle an joint pain, bones popping out an locking, purple spotted, frequent urination an trouble emptying bladder, always thirsty, diahrea, go to the bathroom right aftet eating, memory loss, confusion, hearing loss, vision problems, heart palpitations, headaches, excessive mucus,difficulty swallowing,abdominal pain, weekness an fatigue, swollen lymphnodes neck an armpit, speech impairment,involuntary movements,hot flashes,chills, night sweats,sensitive skin like a sunburn,numbness. Blood work shows high triglycerides, anion gap,wbc, neutrophils,sedementation, inflammation,alkaline phosphate, immature granulocytes, low creatine positive ana positive anti centromere.Lupus panel negative an crest syndrome doesn't fit symptoms. Elevated lft's swollen liver. Ana an aca keep going negative an positive, an blood work fluctuates excessivly triglycerides went from 104 to 327 in a month with no diet change
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.
The other expert has opted out. A colonoscopy can detect many different conditions, and with the blood tests, the primary concern that they are likely considering would be inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease. A colonoscopy also can detect various anatomic abnormalities, such as vascular malformations or congenital diveriticuli.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
a positive centromere indicates crest syndrome, but doctors seem surprised that it goes negative sometimes. is it common for someone to have positive anti centromere and no have crest syndrome? and is it common for anticentromere to go back and forth between positive and negative?
ACA can be positive with conditions other than CREST syndrome, such as primary biliary cirrhosis, and even occasionally in someone with lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. It is not common for it to fluctuate between positive and negative, which is why your doctors are surprised.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what could it usually mean when they r going positive and negative
It does not usually mean anything. The positive result would need to be interpreted in the context of other findings, regardless of whether it is also sometimes negative.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what are the differences between a ugi series and a colonoscopy? do they both show the same things? and why would crowns disease stop someone from getting a gastric bypass?
These are separate questions and would need to be asked in a different thread.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how does it require a different thread? we were talking about colonoscopies and i am asking a colonoscopy gi question
You asked what could be found on a colonoscopy other than colon cancer and that question has been answered. Understanding an UGI does not alter or clarify the answer to the original question. Therefore, it is a separate question and should be on a different thread.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if we are talking about intestinal problems and how to find them, and you tell me a colonoscopy can determine crohns disease it is not separate to ask the differences between a colonoscopy and ugi. i payed to ask you unlimited questions within the same topic and you are just saying you want more money for no reason and that is not right. i would appreciate it if you would answer my question
No. If you have paid for a subscription that allows unlimited questions, there will not be an additional charge for a new question in a different thread, but the expert payment mechanism is based on answers to separate questions, so we are instructed to tell customers to post separate questions in different threads.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have talked to 4 other specialist and was able to ask a multitude of questions as long as it was in the same topic without any of them asking me to open another thread an
Most experts are flexible, and in fact, I answered a couple of additional questions in this thread, but it is time to start a new thread.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can u please refer me to someone else
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.
The rules apply to all the experts at JustAnswer, but I have opted out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank u
You are welcome.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it doesn't look like u referred me to anyone else
Whether another expert chooses to respond is up to that expert.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
everytime i have ever been referred to another specialist, they shortly responded. did u actually refer me to someone else?
No. I told you that I opted out, but whether another expert responds is up to that expert. And I can see that you asked another expert to opt out on another question at the same time that you asked me to do so, and no expert has responded in that question either.