Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn

Im seeing orange in my menstruation along with my regular healthy

Customer Question

im seeing orange in my menstruation along with my regular healthy read but there is a fecal smelling odor along with it, I am a vegetarian so I don't know if it's my diet or if i have an infection. I have probiotic yogurt every morning and I know i havn't left a tampon in my vagina.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Gynecologist before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. You can use a vinegar based douche to replenish the mildly acidic content of vaginal secretions. You mentioned a retained tampon and they fold into the apex of the vagina behind the cervix. They have a foul odor and you may not be able to feel it. If nothing checks out then a visit to the gynecologist's would help.