Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed

I have a 6mm thickening on my uterine wall. I just turned

Customer Question

I have a 6mm thickening on my uterine wall. I just turned 75. I went to see a Obgyn for consultation. She asked a whole list of questions. Then said she was going to do a pap smear and a biopsy. She tried but couldn't do it. She said my tissue was too fragile and when she touched me the tissue started bleeding. Then said she could do a DandC but she wasn't going to. Then she said she would set up another ultrasound in six months and if nothing had changed then they would be a year apart. She then said you're bleeding and there are pads in the drawer, help yourself and she left with an intern. I was still prone on the table and felt uncomfortable at this time. Two weeks later ultrasound called and I have another ultra sound set for a month after I saw her. Do you think I should get another opinion? I am pretty young for my age.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 6 months ago.
Hello,repeated ultrasounds are definitely no way to resolve your problem and I would urgently recommend a D and C in this case to get a reliable diagnosis. This is the only way for you to be on the safe side, please contact another OB/GYN as soon as possible.Hope that everthing will turn out fine, kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
You are very welcome!Please don´t forget a friendly rating ;-)
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele