Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I am on the pill, but forgot my pills at home after a weekend

Customer Question

I am on the pill, but forgot my pills at home after a weekend away (sprintec). I missed one and ended up taking them both together 36 hours after i was to take the first missed pill. I had spotting, but finished out the week. My husband and I had sex a week later, but he did not finish. About an hour later i got the plan b pill just to be on the safe side. Should I be concerned about pregnancy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.
Hello,in this case you can definitely exclude the risk of pregnancy. After forgetting a pill, contraception is secure again as soon as 7 more pills are taken. Moreover the effect of plan b pill is very reliable when used on time like you did.So here is really no reason to worry.Kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ones that i messed up were the last two of the pack then a week off and started again. Does that matter or is it still fine?
As you took plan b pill you can exlude pregnancy risk anyway.
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele