LaKrystal Warren
LaKrystal Warren,
Experience:  Physician at Contemporary Women's Care
93539917

Thank you responses. I have had a test for

Customer Question

Thank you for your responses. I have had a test for chlamydia (which I think is unlikely as I have not had sex for a few years) that has come back as negative. The docs have explained to me that there seems to be no bacteria but just white cells which leads them to think there is inflammation but no infection. I did have a urinary tract infection a few years ago and had to keep going bk to get it sorted. Eventually had 500mg of an antibiotic (can't remember which one) and that got rid of it. Just been on 200mg this time as I described. I didn't complete all the thrush medication (very careless) so maybe I have complications from that. Still have the pessary to take as my mother told me that taking the pessary while having a urinary tract infection could cause problems. I did use Frusic acid as a cream- that the doc gave me but still have some left. I'm waiting for blood tests now.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 7 months ago.
Its good that you have had testing and cultures have been negative, because if those infections go untreated, they can cause problems. The pelvic ultrasound and bloodwork sound like a good idea. You may have a resistant form of a urinary tract infection and need an extended course of antibiotics. If the thrush is still present, it can also contribute to symptoms of discomfort, so completing the medication may help symptoms. Taking Ibuprofen can help with pain and inflammation if that is the cause.