Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.

I am four to five weeks pregnant. Feeling pressure at times,

Customer Question

I am four to five weeks pregnant. Feeling pressure at times, feeling like I have to have a bowel movement, nothing happens, except I have light fresh and old blood combined every time going to restroom. I believe I am going to miscarry. I have miscarried before between 6-8 weeks before.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 months ago.
Any bleeding in early pregnancy is concerning for miscarriage. If you are 4-5 weeks, that means that you have just missed your period. Often this means what is called a chemical pregnancy. This is an early pregnancy that generates a low level of bhcg and causes a positive pregnancy test. But no embryo forms. You would then go on to have a heavy period. It helps to have a blood draw to check the bhcg level in your blood stream.