DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am 36 weeks pregnant and past couple of days my

Customer Question

Hi I am 36 weeks pregnant and for the past couple of days my left ankle (like top part) which radiates to the top foot hurts. It doesn't hurt upon rest or even when I stand but when I bend my foot to the take the next step. Its bothering me. I am worried what could this be. I did not injure it at all. Neither of my feet are swollen at all. I think maybe (not sure) but the left foot is a tiny bit swollen. What could this be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.
HelloHave it examined.It is most likely muscle, tendon or ligament strain, that is all.If there is swelling, a blood clot must be ruled out by your doctor's exam.If you press on the swelling and it leaves a pit, better to have an exam today. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it doesn't leave a pit. Is this common during pregnancy? I am worried about cancer or a tumor
It is common during pregnancy.I see we have addressed this several times on the site.No one thinks this has anything to do with cancer or tumor.Anxiety, yes.Please click a positive on this post. I don't know if you understand that this is the only way we are paid: per rating.Do that, and we can address the anxiety.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

doctor please do not rely on other doctor's opinions. I want yours.

You have it above.Please click a positive if you want to continue with me.