Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I was just diagnosed with HVP, a cancerous type. I am years

Customer Question

I was just diagnosed with HVP, a cancerous type. I am 69 years old and had the same partner for 16 years. We are in a long term relationship and suspect he has
One or more partners during the 16 years. My previous and first HVP test, 2-3 years a ago, showed positive for non cancerous HVP. I had very small genital warts inside my upper things for a couple of weeks and not had them since. Can my partner keep reinfecting me with the cancerous HVP type even if he does not have sex with someone else in the future. How long does it take to clear in men?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 8 months ago.
Hello,hpv-infection can stay in the organism for lifetime, so contamination can occur even after many years when it comes to a contact with existing warts. Nevertheless this doesn´t give a serious reason to worry. as long as you perform your preventive examinations, you are on the safe side.Kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So I can be reinfected with the cancerous HVP that my partner gave me and be more susceptible to getting cancer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So I can be reinfected with the cancerous HVP that my partner gave me and be more suspectible to getting cancer?
No, if the infection once happened, the virus can stay for a long time, but there´s no reinfection and the risk is not getting higher.
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 7 months ago.
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele