khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.

I received my MRI results and it notes that the left adnexal

Customer Question

I received my MRI results and it notes that the left adnexal tubo-ovarian complex contains a hydrosalpinx inseparable from the morphologically normal appearing left ovary. Can you explain what this is and what I can do to get rid of the hydrosalpinx?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a trachelectomy procedure and lymph node dissection in Jan for my stage 1b1 cervical cancer. I am clear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.
After PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) resolves, the damaged fallopian tube can become blocked, fill with sterile fluid, and become enlarged. Damage to the fallopian tube from previous surgery or adhesions can also result in hydrosalpinx.Hydrosalpinx may be associated with pain or may be asymptomatic except for tubal factor infertility.