Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I have the mireana iud in and my boyfriend is complaining

Customer Question

I have the mireana iud in and my boyfriend is complaining that it pokes him well after we have sex he breaks out into a rash and now has a spot that kind of looks like a blister? What's causing this? He's also allergic to metal?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 10 months ago.
Hello,the reason for this problem can be that the thread of the iud is to long, or it´s position has changed. Both should be controlled and resolved by your OB/GYN. Allergy doesn´t matter in this case.Kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele