Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

Is my name. I'm reading your previous posts about

Customer Question

***** ***** is my name. I'm reading your previous posts about natural alternatives to Trimosan Gel for a pessary that I just got yesterday. I'm very sensitive to chemicals and want something natural. I'm pretty upset. I'm a very healthy, fairly fit 66 year old and do not like the idea of a pessary for the next 30 years of my life. (My mother is healthy at 96. I can only hope to live that long.) I have a stage 2 or so uterine prolapse and a mild rectocele. I'm hoping the stats for outcome for surgery for pelvic prolapse will improve sson. I would prefer to get the problem dealt with with excellent chances of a good outcome. Any comments on this? Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Since Sunday, after intercourse, I felt a "ball " low in my vagina. I'd been having sensations of prolapse for a couple weeks before that, especially while doing leg presses at the gym. It came on suddenly, though, except I'd been aware of a mild rectocele for several years. With a mirror, I saw the prolapse at the entrance to the vagina. I saw a nurse practitioner yesterday and got started wearing a ring pessary which I'm to insert daily and take out at night.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.
Since you are not comfortable with the pessary treatment, I recommend you have a vaginal hysterectomy. The uterus will be removed from the vagina. Faster recovery and less pain than abdominal hysterectomy.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, please opt out, I want an answer from different Expert.
Expert:  Dr David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like you are not interested in a hysterectomy either.have you tried to do kegel exercises and weight loss to help strengthen your pelvic muscles and decrease pressure on your uterine prolapse? those are about the most natural treatments you can get.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not one bit overweight and my kegels are good. More what I'm looking for from you is some informed information on corrective surgery (not a hysterectomy) and what your view is of the risks of that. You haven't even mentioned it. I'm not sure why.