Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have been having some orange spotting like clockwork when

Customer Question

I have been having some orange spotting like clockwork when i start my second week of birth control pain...lasts about a week...should i be concerned?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The only things i can think of is i have been on a few antibiotics on and off since this has started a few months ago for ear infections...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.What you are having is called as breakthrough bleeding. Irregular bleeding whilst taking the oral contraceptive pills is a common problem. Up to 20% of women experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting. Bleeding usually settles with time, and it is therefore recommended that you should persevere for three months before considering changing their contraceptive pill.Some antibiotics could also have an effect on the levels of the hormones in the blood so, yes, that could be a factor as well.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating, by clicking on one of the rating options stars) at your end, when you are done asking.Kindest regards