Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

It is possible that I am having a failed endometrial ablation.

Customer Question

it is possible that I am having a failed endometrial ablation. I will not know for sure until my ultrasound on wednesday. My severe pain began thursday. I began to have brown discharge, i assumed it was old blood, by friday. I had some red blood with tinged brown discharge on saturday and sunday allong with some tissue and clotting. However, today I woke up with a fever and some cold like symptoms. Should I be concerned about this?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 6 months ago.
I would be concerned, unless you know what is causing the fever.I'm not sure what you mean by a failed endometrial ablation, since it's not unusual to have some bleeding after an ablation.I'm not sure that an ultrasound will tell you very much.Severe pain is a cause of concern. It has nothing to do with the ablation.I think that you need to see your doctor to figure out what is going on.