Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I literally just found pinball sized lump on my inner thigh

Customer Question

I literally just found pinball sized lump on my inner thigh kind of on the edge of my vaginal lip no painful urination
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: It's not painful , I just need help
JA: Anything else I can tell the Gynecologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I recently became sexually active but we were protected
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. I'm sorry to hear about your lump. It would be helpful if I could see a photo of the area. You can use the paperclip icon on your screen to attach an image. But so far, it sounds like it is probably a blocked gland. There are hundreds of glands in the genital area. They provide moisture and lubrication. Sometimes dead skin can get pushed into the pore and block the gland from natural draining. This can lead to a lump. Most often, this happens with sweaty rubbing such as exercise or sex. The best relief is to apply moist heat, a heating pad or a hot bath. This softens up the dead skin in the pore and allows the gland to drain. I hope this has been helpful and reassuring. Please reply if I can clarify anything or you'd like to attach a photo for me to see.