Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes ! So, I am in a long instance relationship . I am seeing him tomorrow and I started BCP a week ago so I wouldn't they my period I've been spotting yesterday and today and I am concerned that but tomorrow I will be bleeding
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there Doctor ?
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. I guess you are asking about vaginal bleeding from a period because starting a bcp late in a menstrual cycle may not prevent the bleeding. You may continue on the bcp and establish a cycle depending on the pill. Again, you will not be able to do anything about what your cycle is programmed to do unless you started early enough on the pill to reset your program.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you ! Is there anything I can do to make the period last less of be lighter ? Would it make any difference if I took two pills today and tomorrow instead of one? Thank you again
It may help but taking more than the prescribed dose can lead a blood clot in a lower extremity limb and worse.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like I shouldn't then. Thank you
You need to rate the conversation so it can come off the board.