Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn

I was having right lower abdominal pain and my ultrasound showed

Customer Question

I was having right lower abdominal pain and my ultrasound showed small amount of endometrial fluid in cervix as well. I was wondering if they misdiagnosed a pregnancy. They did find however enlarged lymph nodes in my groin area. I am late on my period by 14 days. No bleeding or spotting as of yet
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Transvaginal ultrasound showed small amount of fluid in my uterus and cervix. I would have been 5 weeks pregnant
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. What was described in the ultrasound about the ovaries? Some fluid in the cervix isn't necessarily endometrial. It could be from effects of estrogen on cervical fluid. Any evidence of a follicle or corpus luteum on the right ovary?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prior ultrasound non vaginal on Friday shows a folicial on right ovary . Lt ovary was not visualized
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also read that endometrium fluid could also be the result of uterine cancer. But I can't help but Wonder could this be a missed diagnosis in uterine pregnancy but it's too easily to see it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You would have to have some sort of evidence of a corpus luteum supporting a pregnancy which none is described. Endometrial fluid from endometrial cancer would have thickened cancerous endometrium which is not described. A follicle on the right ovary may be an ovulation within a week or less. The pain wouldn't be bad for now and not likely pregnancy related. If you miscarried you could do a urine pregnancy test which would still be positive even after a miscarriage.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Urine is negative as it was with my daughter. It took a blood test to confirm her. The fluid in uterus I can't help but wonder if I was misdiagnosed because they were unaware that pregnancy was an issue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They were very vague on description on ultrasound. ..just worries me for lots of reasons. Medicines I'm taking being one of them
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I feel very much pregnant and have all signs and symptoms
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What are some reasons for fluid in uterus
I can only share my responses from the information you have given me. A serum HCG can be helpful at this point but you have had an ultrasound and are trying to interpret the results. You may rate my response and get a little more information like the pregnancy blood test. I can't help at this point. Thank you for using this service.