Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

My name is ***** *****.. And I've experienced having pink

Customer Question

Hi.. My name is ***** *****.. And I've experienced having pink discharge after intercourse immediately.. And now I'm experiencing vaginal burning.. Could this be serious?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what exactly?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 6 months ago.

How old are you?

How regular are your periods?

Do you use anything for birth control?

Can you see any vaginal sores? Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm 36 years old
My periods are regular
However, they are sometimes heavy for a day or two (with clots)
I don't use birth control
I don't see any vaginal sores
It's been a month since I last had intercourse, so is it possibly the reason ( the somewhat long break)
And I have a burning sensation with the urge to urinate

When was the last time you had a pelvic exam and Pap smear?

When did your last period start? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The last time I had a pelvic exam and Pap smear was two years ago and everything was normal..
My last period started on the 15th of March 2016

Since you have regular periods and a normal Pap smear 2 years ago, the pink discharge is unlikely to be anything serious. It might be related to some hormonal changes, which are fairly common at age 36.

It's also possible that there was some mild injury at the time of intercourse, causing both the pink discharge and vaginal burning.

A urinary infection is also possible with the burning and urge to urinate. An STD could also be possible.

Because of the number of possibilities, I would recommend seeing your doctor for an exam, urine testing, and STD testing if you think that's possible.

It's difficult to really know without an exam and testing. Then it should be clear, and you can be treated if any infection is found. Best wishes.