Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

In the past year i have seen 3 different gynos. 1 diagnosing

Customer Question

Hello...
In the past year i have seen 3 different gynos. 1 diagnosing me with endo and the other 2 concluding that im okay. I have two cysts one on my right one on my left. the one on the right is 5 cm and the one on the left is 3cm. I keep getting scans regularly every 3 months. Initially i only had one cysts, 3 months ago the second one appeared. The reason I am writing to you is because during the past two cycles I have had sharp pain in the middle (somewhere below my belly button). Last one it lasted around 30-45 min and then i was okay to get up. But today the pain was so bad, i was sweating profusely and felt faint and nauseous. I took a pain killer (paracetamol) and it slightly got better but i still feel some sort of pressure now when i walk but not when im sitting. One of the doc suggested i have surgery (laporoscopy) which really freaked me out. The other two suggested I lead a healthy life style with plenty of exercise. They believe the cysts will eventually rupture or dissolve.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. Have you had the cyst on the right ovary from when you were first told about a cyst? Was it 5 cm in size from the get go? It may be twisting and if it is at least 5 cm then laparoscopic removal should be considered. It could twist again and damage the ovary it's attached to.