How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Ted Manos Your Own Question
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 452
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Ted Manos is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have vaginismus and would like to know if there is any ob

Customer Question

I have vaginismus and would like to know if there is any ob gyn in NYC who would perform fertility tests with sedation ?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. You pose a multifaceted question in finding a Gyn doctor that can evaluate your fertility with vaginismus creating difficulty in basic examination of the pelvic exam. Have you had a Gyn exam in the past and has the subject been discussed as far as vaginismus is concerned. Are you not using contraception and haven't been able to conceive in a years time?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a 5 year old daughter, having intercourse with my husband is not a problem for me. When it comes to vaginal exams I get nervous and can't relax during the exam. It's impossible to insert anything. We have been trying to con krv for the past year without any success. Now it's time to see a specialist and I am freaking out.
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.
Your husband is father of your daughter? If so, he's the only man you've been with so that a Pap smear isn't so important. A bimanual exam can be replaced by a transvaginal ultrasound where the probe is thinner than a tampon. Then the history taking about periods and menstrual cycle lengths can be done. What I'm saying it could be possible to get around your pelvic exam vaginismus. You just have to find a Gyn doc that has flexibility in the NYC area. I don't have any contacts anymore as they are retired or passed on. I'd start looking locally where you live and inquire by phone with some offices to sense where the flexible docs can be found.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My husband is the only men that I have been in my life. I really don't have any gynecological problems. My periods are on time, every 28 days, no pain. I just need a doctor who will understand. Thank You so much for your answers.
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.
Had you been on bcp's until last year? Your periods last 5 days? No cramps with period?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have never used the birth control pills in my life. When I get my period only my back is paining a little bit. And the periods are 5 days.
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.
Well, nothing is coming up in my mind to zero in on common stuff that can be off. Go the flexible route and good luck.