Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

My lmp was 2/9/16 I did an over the counter ovulation test

Customer Question

My lmp was 2/9/16 I did an over the counter ovulation test and got a positive on 2/27 and had intercourse both on 2/26 and 2/28 I received a positive pregnancy test on 3/9 and went to doctor on 3/17 basing I was 5 weeks 2 days .. Bedside ultrasound showed a very small black spot which doctor said could be a very small festoon am sac vs a pseudo sac hcg was drawn that day 943 four days later another level was drawn and it was 3626 doubling.. She wanted to see me in 2 weeks for another ultrasound which would be in four days .. I have not had any spotting or bleeding some cramps here in there yesterday I was laying down and felt a very sharp shooting pain lasting 4 seconds on my right side I am terribly nervous being that in kaur at I had a chemica pregnancy and worried of loosing again.. Is it normal to wait for the ultrasound now or since my level is at 3626 should let they do one npw
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 8 months ago.

congratulations on your pregnancy! ;-)

This increase of your hcg value is a very good sign which makes sure that pregnancy is intact. The symptoms you describe are caused by stretching of the ligaments and uterus growing and give no reason to worry. It´s no problem to await the next control.

All the best for you and your baby, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the 5 week
Ultrasound that showed a very small geational sac or pseudo sac I should not be worried about..

No, that´s absolutely normal at this age of pregnancy. The next control should show a claerly growth.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele