Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Wang to ask question about herpes Genitalia

Customer Question

Hi doctor wang to ask question about herpes Genitalia
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 months ago.

What question do you have?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi doctor so let me tell u how it happens
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
7 days ago i got an escort give oral sex without caps to me. I did not do any sex with her only oral sex. And last night i feel my penis ichty. I scratch too hard till the skin looks peal
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can show u the picture. I think it's not the hsv 2. Because lately due to change in weather i feel all of my skin a bit dry and makes me feel itchy especially in my face. I could show u the picture
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm just worried thanks docter

If you could show me a picture, that would be helpful. You can attach a photo using the paper clip.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
before i scratch it, there was nothing such as blister / lession, once i realize i scratched too hard it turned into red and feel uncomfortable even i wear underwear
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ther's only one.

It's definitely suspicious for genital herpes. And the fact that it occurred 1 week after receiving oral sex makes it more suspicious.

The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor and have a herpes culture taken.

Genital herpes can come from herpes type 1 (HSV 1), which is the virus that causes cold sores on the mouth. It's both very common and very contagious.

The more common genital herpes is from HSV 2, which tends to cause worse symptoms and is more likely to recur (come back).

If it is genital herpes, there is medication that will help it, although it can still come back.

I would try to see a doctor soon, since if it its herpes, it will go away in a week or so, and then there is no good way to know for sure. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it possible we obtain HSV 2 from oral sex? Is it harmfull? I mean can affec sperm quality?Is there any chance that this is syphilis?
ThanksCan u give me recommendation for STD doctor in Melbourne? Thanks Doctor appreciate it

It's possible to get HSV 2 from oral sex, but it's more likely to get HSV 1 from oral sex, since HSV 1 is very common in the mouth, whether there are cold sores or not.

Genital herpes has no effect on sperm quality.

I think that it's very unlikely that this is syphilis. Syphilis is much less common than herpes, and it doesn't have the usual appearance of syphilis.

I don't know of any doctors in Melbourne, but I'll try to google one.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As we know that know we have easter break. I hope i can go to see doctor and can do test in my symptomps. Thanks

There are STD clinics in Melbourne, or you could see your GP. Below is from one site:

Best Answer: Your GP can do it.

If you prefer a specialised clinic I'd suggest the Melbourne Sexual Health Centre in Carlton. It's in Swanston Street, not far from Melbourne Cenral.

If you are under 25, the Action Centre (run by Family Planning Victoria) is good. It's in Elizabeth Street, not far from Flinders Street station.

You don't need a referral for any of these

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Doctor so genital herpes can be cause by 2different virus hsv 1 or hsv 2. Is the virus has different outcome? I mean the symtomps would be appear differently

Genital herpes from HSV 1 tends to be milder and recur less often, but both can have identical symptoms. There is no way to know by looking. But herpes testing can tell you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can we be tested when we have no appear symtomps?

Not very well. The best time to test is when there is a lesion, such as you have.

Blood tests for antibodies can be done, but most of us already have antibodies for HSV 1.

Please get tested soon. It's the only way to really know.