How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr David Your Own Question
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 45171
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a total hysterectomy a year ago. minute spot of cancer.

Customer Question

Had a total hysterectomy a year ago. minute spot of cancer. no treatment needed after surgery. Still feeling horrible. Very fuzzy head, nausea, absolutely no energy. Tired of feeling this way . Can't even think about working. Some days I won't leave the house. I'm on .05 mg. of estradol. Not sure what else to try. My family dr. says it's anxiety. Tried anxiety pills and everything got worse. Crying all the time on these pills. What should i try next???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you have both depression and anxiety

there are medications like sertraline or paroxetine which over time can help decrease both your anxiety and depression symptoms.

medications like venlafaxine can help anxiety and depression as well.

have you tried any of these medications before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried these meds already. Is there an alternative drug. Something not as strong. Anti depressant meds seem to make me worse.
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

these antidepression medications can take 4-6 weeks to help. all of these medications have lower doses which can be used.

there are different class of medications like venlafexine and duloxetine which can help decrease anxiety and depression.

you need to see your doctor to get your depression and anxiety symptoms treated.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Related OB GYN Questions