Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed

Can vaginal tearing be associated with spironolactone? I was

Customer Question

Can vaginal tearing be associated with spironolactone?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I was started on spironolactone several months ago for acne mainly effecting my back and thought to be stress and androgen excess related. For last month I have treated myself twice for a yeast infection because I had itching and burning but no actual discharge. Today I noticed I have tears in the external region with burning
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No im married and have not been sexual active in the last month so i dont think that is a cause
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 7 months ago.

spironolactone has no influence on the vaginal flora, so it cannot cause symptoms like that. More likely it has an infectious reason, so please contact your OB/GYN for a smear examination, treatment then depends on the result.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele