Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

My clitoris has shrunk considerably since my hysterectomy in

Customer Question

My clitoris has shrunk considerably since my hysterectomy in 2011. I'm 53 years old and have a great libido, however, I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to increase the size of my clitoris. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My clitoris has shrunken in size since my total hysterectomy in 2011. I have no problem with vaginal dryness and I have a good sex life. My clit was moderate size before the hysterectomy and now, it looks like a narrow slit. What can I do to increase the size, if anything?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 7 months ago.

It is normal for the clitoris to shrink after the menopause due to the low level of estrogen. However, it does not lose its sensitivity and sex life is not affected.

I am afraid that there is nothing you can do to increase its size. Regular stimulation will maintain the size and prevent it from shrinking further.