Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified MD
28323552

Gynaecologist

Customer Question

gynaecologist
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post.

Can you please let me know what your question is so that I can help you out in a better way.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 32.5 years and planning to have a second child. My husband is 35 and our first child is 4.5 years now. We are planning from last 9 months but we are not able to meet the window of those 5 perfect days. What do you suggest ? should we continue try or go for some treatment..
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I think that you should keep trying for another six months or so.

The fertile days, to make it easy for you, are as follows:

• Subtract 14 from the first day of your expected menstrual period. That is usually the day of ovulation.
  • Around the day of ovulation i.e. three days prior and about two days after i.e. 11 to 16 days of your period would generally be the fertile days.

So I would recommend having regular and frequent sex during these days to have maximum chances.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I

am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released

is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for explaining the fertile period duration. But frankly speaking we are not able to have intercourse from last 4 months as either we are tired or my husband is also facing some problem about erection, he doesn't feel arouse. I was just able to meet that window twice at the begining. So I am bit more worried about that
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

The best thing to do in that case is to use something that helps with his erection.

Sidenafil (that comes by the name of viagra) or cialis (tadalafil) can be used to help with his erection.

These two medications are highly effective and I would recommend using these.

You would have to request his primary care doctor to prescribe this for him.

is when you rate me.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But he doesn't want to take those medicines. So wanted to understand where does artificial insemination comes into picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you still there?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

It can come into the picture now but you would have to contact a specialized fertility clinic in your area for this purpose who can guide you in the best way.

The procedure is called as IUI or intrauterine insemination.

is when you rate me.
Kindest regards