Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I'm currently 7.5 weeks with my third pregnancy (2

Customer Question

I'm currently 7.5 weeks with my third pregnancy (2 miscarriages prior). I was told to take 200 mg micronized progesterone 2x a day and 81 mg of aspirin 1x a day. I'm having persistent nausea (nearly all day) that's impacting my ability to sleep (I'm lucky if I can get 3-4 hours of solid sleep, then toss & turn for the rest of the night).
I've researched that 10 mg of B6 and 10 mg of doxylamine succinate are safe during pregnancy. I gave it a try and it works well, but I'm worried because none of the research seems to include women taking progesterone & aspirin.
Is there any risk in taking all of these medications together? I think my idea would be to take B6/doxylamine at night so I can sleep and just deal with the nausea for the rest of the day to minimize any risk.
Thank you!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 7 months ago.

These medicines are perfectly safe to be used together during pregnancy. they do not interact with each other. Both progesterone and aspirin can be used with vitamin B6 and doxylamine succinate can be used together in pregnancy without affecting the baby.

I hope this helps.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.