Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn

I will be 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow. past 2-3 weeks my

Customer Question

Hello. I will be 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow. For the past 2-3 weeks my breasts have bee quite swollen and tender. Started today, however, they don't feel sore and are noticeably less tender. Is this problematic and should I be worried? I'm still as fatigued and emotional as I've been since becoming pregnant.Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos M.D., board certified ObGyn. The breasts do get enlarged and this will continue to be the case and soreness and tenderness will fade some. The hormones from the developing placenta stimulate the breasts only so much. Just imagine if the soreness and tenderness kept up or milk leaking out. I hope this reassures you and you'll have an ultrasound that will help some more.
Hello, Dr Manos again. Have you had follow up as to your preg***** *****ke an ultrasound?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dr. Manos,Yes, I've had 2 ultrasounds now, one on Thursday at the OB's office and one last night. Last night I began spotting and saw some blood in the toilet and on the toilet tissue, so I panicked and went straight to the ER. My OB spoke to me over the phone and said the blood could've been from the PAP I received the day before. Anyway, the baby looked fine on the ultrasound given in the ER and the bleeding was deemed unexplained. They did however find 3 cysts on my ovaries. I plan to follow up with my OB when she returns after the long holiday weekend. This is the second time I had this spotting/blood in the toilet this pregnancy; the first time since occurred 2 weeks ago at 5 1/2 weeks. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this.
There can be some blood from the lining of the uterine cavity but not from where the placenta is. It's fairly common but will stop once the pregnancy sac is full enough to press on the lining and stop the tendency
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your prompt reply. The bleeding stopped after 1 day. It was a light flow to begin with, but now I have dark brown spotting when I wipe; no cramping, just spotting. It's not even really spotting but more like brown cervical mucus. I'm going to give me doctor a call today, but was looking for any insights before then.Thanks
I have no doubt you had what we call subchorionic bleeding and when it stops you get the dark stuff which is the clotted blood oozing for awhile. It's a little early to see this because it's early and I imagine they see fetal
Oops. I imagine they see fetal echoes and a fetal heart beating.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they've seen the fetal heartbeat twice now. What exactly is subchorionic bleeding??
I described it in my earliest text where it doesn't involve the placenta attachment.