Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed

K. My name is ***** ***** and I've had an abortion last year

Customer Question

Hello Dr. K. My name is ***** ***** and I've had an abortion last year on October 16th. Then October 27th I had took my first depo provera shot. I was supposed to get my second shot January 14th but I didn't because I now want to convince, but I can't
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've had irregular non stop bleeding after this depo shot, so I don't really know when I have or if I even have my period anymore, I get cramps here and there. The bleeding never stops, and my doctor told me to just take birth control pills and it will
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 7 months ago.

this sounds like a hormonal imbalance due to the use of provera. As you are willing to conceive, taking birth control pill is not a solution. I would recommend a different hormone (progesterone) which should be used for 10 days to stop bleeding and regulate the cycle, ask your OB/GYN for prescription. For the longer term the use of monk´s pepper (Vitex agnus-castus, over the counter at pharmacy) can also rise the chance to get pregnant.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele